Families trust nursing homes and assisted living facilities to care for their loved ones. Unfortunately, some nursing homes violate this trust by neglecting or abusing their elderly residents.
Schimmerling Law Offices believes that nursing home residents have the right to be treated with respect at all times. We represent people who have been harmed by nursing home neglect or misconduct.
Nursing homes can endanger the lives of their residents by hiring uncredentialed nurses or by inadequately training their staff.
We will fight against nursing home corporations who place their business interests above the well-being of their elderly residents by understaffing their facilities, not conducting a thorough background check of their personnel, or failing to follow standard medical and nursing care procedures.
If a nursing home cares for your loved one, you should be aware of the following warning signs of nursing home abuse:
- The nursing home staff cannot explain the cause of your loved one’s bruises, injuries or other conditions;
- Residents wander off the premises;
- The nursing home suddenly changes your loved one’s medication; and
- The nursing home caregivers refuse to allow you to visit your loved one alone.
WE WILL SPEAK FOR THE ELDERLY
We can help victims and their families obtain fair compensation in all types of nursing home injury cases, including those involving
- Unjustified falls or injuries
- Physical abuse, emotional abuse, or sexual abuse
- Bed sores and ulcers
- Failure to provide medication or medical care when required
- Medical malpractice
- Malnutrition and dehydration
- Severe weight gain or weight loss
- Prescription drug errors
- Wrongful death
There are no legal fees unless you or your loved one is compensated for your damages.
Please call us at 1-607-779-1000 for a free consultation and case evaluation.